Did anyone see the show Clean House last night on the style channel?

Last night on the show they were showing what happens behind the scenes. In one take this womens 2 year old child still sleeps with them. The host asks if this is the reason his room is because his room is full of junk. She says her mother just passed away so it has been hard for to put her son to bed. Then she leans over to whisper to the host that the REAL reason her son sleeps with her is because she still breastfeeds him. All 4 of the host are in shock they cannot believe that she is still breatfeeding. The looks on their faces are of horor! I can not believe the acted this way. If you show the show you know what I mean. I was just wondering what other women thought! Do you think co-sleeping and feeding your 2 year old is nasty?

kendra61780

Asked by kendra61780 at 7:34 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Who am I to judge? But I don't personally like the idea of my talking two year old coming over and pulling down my shirt to get to my breasts, but I still occasionally sleep with him.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:41 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I don't think it's nasty, just not necessary anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Our children still need us, and there are other ways to bond. I weaned all 3 of my children when they turned one-year-old. I don't think that it is gross. It is unnecessary since they no longer get their immunities from us and they have their teeth. They should be eating and drinking what everyone else in the household is.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 4:59 PM on May. 2, 2009

• It is not gross. It is a very healthy thing, and a very loving thing to do. If they were shocked it is thier own ignorance. It's a shame that so many people have such unhealthy attitudes towards extended breastfeeding & cosleeping.
    MamaApio

Answer by MamaApio at 10:26 PM on May. 2, 2009