Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When I was little my mom would use my social number to get houses and stuff because her credit was bad and now mine is bad cause of it what to do

me and my mom have the same name so she just used me social because it was blank no credit what do you think of this?


Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • i would call all the credit agencies that are on your report give them your name and soc. they should be able to tell how old you were at the time your mom did this and remove them or here wait try this 1-888-573-2822 its a agency that helps clean up your credit they have really helped me and hubby good luck

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on May. 2, 2009

  • Well I would file fraud charges on her, that is a horrible thing to do. Then work with creditors and see what can be done if anything.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on May. 2, 2009

  • UMMM.... Filing charges on Your Mom might be a little harsh - Maybe get some legal advise on what you can do.

    Answer by bristle3kids at 8:13 AM on May. 2, 2009

  • I had a kid from high school that had that happen and he somehow got out of all the charges...but I don't think he filed charges against his mom.....I know he had to prove his age at the time, etc....

    Answer by Momm2Princess at 8:39 AM on May. 2, 2009