What's the most hard wearing jeans an active young boy/girl?

I mean ones that will last a decent time without getting holes in the knees etc. Someone suggested to me Wrangler jeans are the toughest there is. Thought I'd seek other opinions or if anyone else can vouch for Wrangler!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on May. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Wrangler, for sure! They seem thick and stiff when you get them, but my son is HARD on clothes, and those are one of the few pair of jeans he hasn't ripped yet.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:09 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Jeans from The Gap
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 8:10 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Original Levis

Answer by rkoloms at 9:08 AM on May. 2, 2009

• If you find out, I would like to know, because my son went through 15 pairs of jeans this winter. He got a hole in the left knee on all of them!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:31 AM on May. 2, 2009

• No, not the gap. I buy most of my sons jeans from there because I like the style and hes not hard on jeans, but if you have a child that is SUPER hard on jeans, I would suggest LEE or the original Levi 501's or other styles. Wrangler is pretty good, but I don't like how dark they are. Just me though. Steer clear of Gap, childrens place, ect...their stuff is more for looks rather than wear.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:07 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Land's End jeans.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:20 AM on May. 2, 2009

• momofsaee: dark I don't mind, but since you have used a few brands, do you find Wrangler the best wearing?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I buy children's place and gap. I don't like Wrangler because it's a Walmart brand and I don't buy clothes from Walmart.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:08 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I forget, isn't it Sears that has the warrenty that if their jeans wear out before you out grow it, then you exchange it???? sounds he best to me
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 11:22 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I don't like the way Wranglers fit my kids. The waist is always too big for the length of the pants. I've bought several brands of jeans including Gap, Wrangler, Levi, and Old Navy. The one I really like the best is Sonoma from Kohl's. Plus they're not expensive, so if the kids stain them with a giant pot of green paint in art class, it's no great loss. They fit well for tall kids and have an adjustable waistline. I buy the carpenter style, but they have others.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:50 AM on May. 2, 2009