Today is my husband's birthday.....

My mom and I have been planning a cookout at her house all week for his bday. I even worked all day long yesterday on a 4-layer strawberry cake with cream cheese icing. We got steaks and salmon and kebobs, etc etc etc. And now I check the weather and it's gonna rain ALL DAY!!! And then start storming right when the cookout is supposed to start.....grrrr....What the heck do I do now?????

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 8:23 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• First of all, Happy Birthday to your husband!!

Move the party inside - perhaps have it a bit earlier. Cook what you can on the grill, even in the rain - no one will get hurt.

Finally, and this is the VERY MOST important step of all:
    Send that cake to me!!!!! :)

Try to enjoy the day, in spite of the rain.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:50 AM on May. 2, 2009

• move the party inside and eat the cake but have something else for supper...don't ruin good steak, salmon and kebobs by broiling them in the oven...I would think they would be okay until next weekend? what is the weather supposed to be like tomorrow? can you do it then? sorry! it is supposed to rain here and my son is supposed to go to a baseball game that he has been looking forward to for a month
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 8:46 AM on May. 2, 2009

• If you can, rent a smallish canopy, or even buy one since it can be used in the future for picnics for shade even if it isn't raining. The cooking can be done under the canopy today. Or do you have a carport or garage (that can have the doors open- the cooking could be done near the doors-, or is there a park nearby that you can rent the pavilion? Can the party be put off until tomorrow and better weather? But I like the other ideas (canopy, carport) better.

Answer by Bmat at 8:51 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Actually it's going to rain for the entire next week, so there really is no other day we can do it.... :-( This really sucks.... And my mom doesn't have a carport or garage....Hmmm, her barn has a covered deck, maybe we could do it there!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:01 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Happy Birthday Hubby! And the barn would be the best idea so you can still have your party :]
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 10:24 AM on May. 2, 2009