Quick u/s question

My due date is 9 days before what it should have been going by LMP, does that mean I measured 9 days bigger? AND when my due date is figured based off of that, do they still add the two weeks when you *really arent pregnant* like with your LMP?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it means that it is measuring you 9 days farther along than by your LMP and if they are giving you a due date, yes they are factoring in the 2 weeks. I wouldn't go by it too much though because you would get a different due date every time because babies just all grow differently...faster some months, not as fast the next. It averages out.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:37 AM on May. 2, 2009

• The doctor should be able to tell you an exact date for your due date when the measuring is done. If you're only a couple days off they won't change your due date, but 9 days I'm sue they will. If you got pictures from the u/s your due date should be on there.

Basically what it means is that you did not have a regular 28 day cycle, which is really common, so your LMP is going to be off. And yes, the baby is 9 days bigger.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 9:38 AM on May. 2, 2009

• YOU JUSt ASKED THE SAME QUESTION ON BABY GAGA
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on May. 2, 2009

• The LMP is just a guess based off of your cycle as to when you might have conceived. It can be off by 2 weeks. The ultrasound is a little more acurate because it takes measurements of the baby and determines a due date based on average sizes of other babies. The new due date already has everything factored in. That is when they feel you will give birth. Count back 40 weeks from your due date and that is when they feel that you actually conceived.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:53 AM on May. 2, 2009