How do I get her to stay asleep?

My dd keeps waking up when it is bed time. she tosses and turn and then gets up thinking that it is playtime and it takes about an hour to get her back to sleep! Here is what I've tried so far:
Shortning her naps
giving her only one nap
giving her tylenol (thought it might be teething)

Can anyone help!!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:51 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is she? My daughter always knows when its bedtime because of her schedule. We give her a bath and then feed her, her dinner, put her in her pjs, and rock her to sleep. so she always knows thats when bedtime is and she has been sleeping throughout the night for about 2 months she is almost 7 months!
    kaitsmommy1008

Answer by kaitsmommy1008 at 9:57 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Do you have a bedtime routine? THat sometimes helps. Or when she wakes up thinking it's playtime, do you go get her? Do you let her CIO? My son will sometimes wake up and he'll cry for about 3 minutes then he's out again. But if I go get him, he'll be up for 2 more hours. Maybe instead of cutting back on naps, just don't let her nap a few hours before bedtime? My son goes to bed at 7, so at 3 I'll let him take a 20 minute nap and then get him up so he's sleepy by 7.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Feed her a lot before she goes to bed so her tummy is nice and full. When she wakes up like that leave her be if she is not crying. If she does cry go pick her up, comfort her, and put her back down. Do not feed her and do not play with her or keep her up by holding her. If she continues to cry let her cry for 5 minutes then go comfort her again and put her back down. Yes this can take a while and there will be crying but she will get the point that it's crib time. And don't speak to her much at night when you are up comforting. Keep the light low etc.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 10:02 AM on May. 2, 2009

• yes we do have a bedtime routine, and I stick to it, and she is 10 months.  No I dont CIO, and she co-sleeps and we are very happy with our decison to do so.  she takes a nap from 1-3pm and goes to bed at 8:30.

SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:03 AM on May. 2, 2009

• and when she wakes up she refuses a bottle.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:05 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I co-slept with my baby untill she was 5 months old? I think....When she got older she got really fussy when tired and would not fall asleep with me in the room....So I suggest putting her in her crib, playing some soft music...like classical...and letting her cry for about 5-10 minutes....It should do the trick....I only had to do this a couple of times and now my daughter just whines a little bit when I walk out of the room but is is "out" before I make it down the stairs....hope this helped.
    justcallmebean

Answer by justcallmebean at 11:10 AM on May. 2, 2009