I can't remember from my last pregnancy

How soon can you tell the sex of the baby? I can't go to the doctor until AHCCCS accepts me because my current insurance is awful when it comes to maternity. I was planning on just making my first appointment right around when they could find out the sex because as I remember, people that are on AHCCCS (which is almost free insurance for people that live in AZ) only get like one ultrasound unless more are required.

ours

Asked by ours at 10:24 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i found out the sex of my baby @ 20 weeks
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:25 AM on May. 2, 2009

• between 16 and 20 weeks is the soonest.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:27 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Oh my gosh that is a long time to wait. I don't know if I could wait so long to get the "proof" that there's a baby in there. Maybe I can get them to schedule the ultrasound for around there (I don't know if they consider the gender important) and go in sooner to hear the heartbeat.
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:27 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I live in az and they always did mine at 20-21 weeks. I would try to make an appointment sooner. As soon as you see a dr or midwife they can give you your est due date and give you a note to give as proof. When did you apply for AHCCCS? They say it could take 45 days to accept it but if you incur any medical expenses before they accept you they will pay you back for it. Hope this helps. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:52 AM on May. 2, 2009

• 18-20 weeks is the norm. I wouldn't wait that long to go to the doctor if I were you. Having pre-natal care is important - you need to go in and get the blood work done and have the doctor check you and make sure all is well with baby at least once before the ultrasound.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 12:05 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I found out at 16 weeks but it is general practice they give you an ultrasound at 20 weeks unless there is something wrong and if that ins is anything like medicaid you can get more than one if necessary
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 5:26 PM on May. 2, 2009