How can I get my 3 year old to understand that my 1 year old needs my attention as well as her? She has been getting really jealous of her little brother.

I try to spend time with her alone but she is never satisfied. Don't get me wrong she loves him and is great to/with him, but she always reverts back to the "baby" stage when she doesn't get what she wants.

Asked by 04mom07 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• I use to be a preschool teacher and when moms would ask me how to do it... I would tell them to invavle both children... tell your 3 year that this is our baby ( that 1 year ) and that she has to help mom take care of her because shes a big girls and big girls help mommys.. and just make her feel special weather its asking to get u a diaper to help with the baby or to help find a binky.. she will love it... jsut remind her shes a big girl and mommy needs her help... it will take awhile for her to get the hang of it...

Answer by laura_mae99 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Try getting them interested in games that they can play together and take will build a bit of team work. Rivalry is so very common. Just try to do your best to show them both love. Try telling her 10 things that are special about her...then do the same with your son. It is a real self esteem builder. I usually make some of the things silly too for fun. good luck

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:50 PM on Jun. 20, 2008