Help my DD is 4 and I have a heck of a time to get her to sleep in her bed I posted this bf, but got a lot of let her sleep on the floor then, but the thing is now she is getting to where DH woke up one morning she was on the steps sleeping she could had rolle0d off. He put her in bed.

Well the thing is she also pees the bed. He said when he put her in her bed she was wet she took off her clothes and went back to bed. She wakes up every morning with no clothes on so I know she waskes up to at least take them off her room smells like pee. She wont wear a pull up soon as soon as I leave the room she takes it off. I am getting so agrivated not that she is peeing the bed, but the fact that she is peeing on the carpet and on her bed and I don't know if it is that she just doesn't want to get up to go to the bathroom or the fact that she is actually sleeping. Sometimes she will have 2 pj's that are wet on the floor so sometimes I think she will change her clothes then pee those ones to so then she just takes them off. Help me on what to do here I am tired of scrubbing the carpets and her mattress every single day and the whole upstairs smells like nothing but pee help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When 2 of my ds's were your daughter's age, they had the bedwetting problem. We would not allow them fluids after 6 p.m. We would get them up to go to the bathroom when my dh and I were getting ready to go to bed. Getting children up early in the morning to use the bathroom helps, too.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 5:27 PM on May. 2, 2009

• i should mention that she doesn't always fall asleep at naptime, but i still give her one and if she does fall asleep she does the same thing for naptime too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't want to sleep in my bed either if it was wet or smelled like pee! I would put my foot down and insist she keep that pull up on OR ELSE. It simply would not be up for negotiation. She's going to ruin her bed, carpet and whereever else. IMO, there needs to be some discipline for taking that pull up off. Tell her that when she can keep her pull up dry for a week, then she doesn't have to wear it anymore. Maybe the incentive will help, but if not, at least it'll protect your house!

goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 11:52 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Oh, also, put a waterproof mattress pad on her bed. That'll at least save you from scrubbing the mattress, not that you'd ever get the urine out anyway.

I would focus on the wearing the pull up problem for now, and not worry so much about "where' she sleeps. My daughter still ends up on the couch every night. I have no idea why, but it's not a battle I choose to fight right now, and she's still rested, so I just figure she'll grow out of it. Good luck - this has got to be frustrating!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 11:56 AM on May. 2, 2009

• well the reason i don't want her sleeping just anywhere is because she was sleeping on the steps that one day and she could had rolled down them or what if there was an emergency or if there was a fire and i didn't know where she was? She sleeps with the blankets over her head and one day she started screaming because she had the blankets over her and she didn't know why she couldn't get up here she was underneither her bed.
    Anonymous

• Do you think maybe she's a sleepwalker? It sounds like there's no rhyme or reason to where she sleeps. Have you talked to your pediatrician?
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 2:41 PM on May. 2, 2009

• no i know she isn't sleep walking she is usually playing in the fallway when we are down stiars before bed i can hear her playing then when we come up to bed we see her asleep in the hall or when we go to bed she is still awake but i can hear her playing in the hallway and i keep yelling at her to get into bed so i don't think it is sleep walking. No I haven't talked to her doctor only about the peeing she said to put a pullup on her
    Anonymous

• what time does she go to bed? mine go to bed at 8, and are not allowed fluids after 6. They also MUST go pee before bed.... they can sit on the toilet for as long as it takes, I don't care, but it is disgusting to have them wake up covered in pee.

She is 4, she is plently old enough to understand taht she will sleep in her bed, adn that she is to stay there. There is no reason you should be yelling down the hall...yelling does nothing. Go take her by the hand and put her back to bed, and every time she gets out, put her straight back in. Yes it takes work, but thats what its going to take.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:04 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I would talk to her doctor about this it may be a bigger problem. For now put a waterproof mattress cover on the bed and buy some smaller covers to put on top of that, like what you would use in a crib. Try to convince her to wear a pull up and to keep it dry. Good luck I know it is frustrating.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 6:39 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I would talk to the doc again. It sounds like she may be having a sleep apnea problem. If she is doing it even at naptime, it is probably a bigger thing then her just not wanting to get up and go. And the fact that some nights it happens more then once is troubling as well. I would definately say you should talk to the doc and tell him/her EVERYTHING you told us. Sometimes, if the doc doesn't know everything, they can misdiagnos stuff.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:49 PM on May. 2, 2009