dog food and my 10 month old

My daughter got into the dog bowl today and When i got to her she had some in her mouth. I got it all out I thought. Then we were at the baseball game and she started throwing up dog food. What should I do?

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 11:01 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nothing. She will be fine!! My daughter eats cat food and dog food all the time lol. Its a part of childhood, stop them when you can .. but when you cant. Oh well!

It wont hurt her.
    It probaby just inst agreeing with her tiny tummy.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:02 AM on May. 2, 2009

• What do you do? Put the dog food behind a safety gate so the baby can't get to it and the dog can. If not possible feed the dog when the baby is in the play pen. I think just about every kid I know has gotten some dog/cat food to eat. They all lived. I don't know why the swallowed it though can't taste.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:12 AM on May. 2, 2009

• wow my 10 month old dd ate a piece of dog food today too! Thats weird. I got it out before she could swallow but I think that your little one will be fine.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:18 AM on May. 2, 2009

• have yourself a laugh and put the dog dishes where the baby can't get them. my son has only ventured to eat the dog food once, but he's a big fan of dumping the water bowl on the floor.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:37 AM on May. 2, 2009

• She'll be fine. I would put them where she can't get to them in the future. But, I used to eat cat food when I was little and I turned out fine (I think).
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 11:41 AM on May. 2, 2009

• my dd is 10mos too and this is her new thing also!!! it grosses me out so bad. when i catch her doing it i tell her cucky and take it out of her hand or mouth. i wouldnt worry when my sister was 1 she ate a bunch of CANNED dog food ewwww and shes fine
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:53 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I actually called the nursing line on this with my first born. They said it is fine, but not something you want to happen often so get the dog food out f her reach. She will be fine.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:51 PM on May. 2, 2009

• she will be fine. dog food or cat food never hurt a child. mine did it all the time and i never fussed over it. i did call my doctor and she told me the same thing. if you are worried about the choking part, do not leave the food out for your dog. feed your dog when the baby is away from it, such as in a play pen or crib. if you are able do, have your SO take the baby out of the house until the dog is done. if the dog is like mine, the food will be gone is a few mintues. good luck and do not worry, trust me dog food is lease of your worries. try dating and wanting a tattoo!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Dec. 26, 2009