• In the Spotlight:

Piggyback to previous question

This is after reading the question asking if you would be willing to die for your beliefs. To the women who said they would happily die for their belief in god, even in front of their children:

What if it were your child who was being threatened in this same manner? If someone held a gun to your kid's (or husband's, or parent's) head in front of you and told them they had to renounce god or they'd die, what would you tell them to do?

I only ask this because those who said they'd die for god made it sound like it would be glorious, something to be proud of. Would you be willing to let your child die to achieve that? If not, does that mean you're selfish to deny them or that you really don't believe it would be glorious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• first of all if someone had a gun to my daughters head they would be dead i will raise my daughter my way no one has the right to tell someone how to raise your child
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 2, 2009

• and i would not think twice about it
    Anonymous

• what kind of ? is that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on May. 2, 2009

• A very valid question, I think. The bible has a story similar to this.... so what's the problem?
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 11:49 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I don't see any thing wrong with this HYPOTHETICAL question. I wouldn't give up my life, so I'm sure as hell not going to sacrifice my child.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:50 AM on May. 2, 2009

• IMHO it is a good question. It brings reality to the dying for your faith issue. I think a lot of people are willing to sacrifice themselves but are not realizing the torture that it would bring to their family. It makes you think.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:51 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I Would fuck up the man with the gun. And if a person was holding a gun to my head saying deny God I would be more than happy to have my daughter fuck him up.

What is your point? Are you trying to get a Christian to say the will deny God? Worry about your own dis beliefs and quit trying to convert Christians to your sad little world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I think it is unfair to make another person's decision. This is a not good question, it does not talk about one's personal relationship with God. I am in control of planting the seed and responsible for my faith.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 2, 2009

• You mean if I did not kill the man instead? What age is the child? Is the child old enough to have a full understanding of God or are we talking MY children who are barely old enough to understand church is once a week? If we are talking a 30 year old person I would be proud my daughter is connected enough to God she is willing to stand up for her beliefs. If we are talking a 4 year old I would commence to pulling the gun from psycho's hand and use it on him.

In the end, I cannot force my child to believe or not believe. Person choice and free will is what will happen.

Anonymous

• I would tell him, as I am telling the OP and a few others who want to know what the problem is, to worry about their own salvation and I will pray for your poor lost souls.

...and enjoy hell.
    Anonymous