What are some places (suggestions) to have a 1 year old birthday party?

We live in Huntsville, Texas and my daughter will be 1 years old in August. Most of our friends & family are in Houston, Texas (south of us), including the other children/babies that will be attending her 1st birthday party (except for 1 little boy here in Huntsville). I was wanting to find some place, other than my mother's house, to have her party. Having an "out-door" type of party is not possible - it is WAY TOO HOT in Houston then, to do much of anything outside. A pool party is not that practical either, being as most of the children in attendance will be under the age of 3, and that is an out-doors thing as well. It is difficult, I think, trying to plan a summer birthday party here in our area of Texas for a child under the age of 3 anyway... much less the 1st birthday - that you want to be so special. I would appreciate any suggestions, I'm stumped!

aubreemills

Asked by aubreemills at 11:45 AM on May. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• hmm well my son's bday is in april, so it isnt too hot yet, and we are in south georgia so I totally understand the heat situation! but I had my sons 1st bday party at our house. we were indoors most of the time anyways since we only have so many places to sit outside. plus if our son was to get overwhelmed or ready for his nap we were right there in the house and he could lay in his crib!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:47 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Is there an ITZ or Incredible Pizza? Even kids around 3 love it, there are games designed especially for that age group, maybe an indoor putt putt place? We have one in Albuqueruqe called Golfernuggins (or something like that). Just some ideas that might work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Although I am not a fan of McDonald's....they are great indoor places to have a party. Not all McD's are created equal. But you can most likely find an attractive one with a great indoor playground in that area. I would also maybe contact some restaurants that have secluded areas. At one a tea party theme would be cute. A secluded section would give guests a chance to walk around a bit and cheap but cute party ideas can be done for tea parties. If you had to do it at a house a tea party is also great for a home setting. I am in the process of asking a local non chain book store to have my toddler's party. I don't know if it is done. But he loves to read. Our local library also has rooms we can reserve and I have thought about having the party there with a person to read stories and handing out recycled books as party favors. You will find something. Start with her personality and go from there.
    Anonymous

• Do you know of anyone that lives in an apartment or condo that has a clubhouse? What about a church hall? Friend's house or inexpensive restaurant banquet room? Here are some birthday party themes which might help http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 2:48 PM on May. 2, 2009

• One option is the children's museum. I know that they have done some stuff for the under 1 set before down in Houston.I 'm not sure about the one in the Woodlands, but they probably do something along those lines. You didn't say what general area of Houston so I'm not sure what might be available in the area you're looking at. Here in Huntsville it's pretty much either Mr. Gatti's (which is good for some of the slightly older kids and has movies/cartoons for the younger kids) or McD's. There's a place called Incredible Pizza down towards Conroe too. It's supposed to have good pizza as well as fun stuff to do. Not sure if it would be fun for the under 3 set though. For our kids we just stayed home and let them nap as needed. Oh, if you're looking at central Houston you can also check with the zoo.
    LeBoof

Answer by LeBoof at 10:30 PM on May. 4, 2009