Anyone else sick of being fat?

Iam I need to loose a good 30 pounds. Any ideas on how to start?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• sparkpeople.com!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I ride my elliptical everyday for 30 minutes, I don't think I'm fat, but I feel like if I lost that 20 lbs of winter weight I would feel better. I watch everything I eat, and it's a very slow process. Sometimes I just think if I went on a fast or something I would drop it a lot faster...
    I will be reading to see what everyone else comes up with.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:59 AM on May. 2, 2009

• If you're stuck, Leftlane, change up your workout routine. That should get things moving again.
    Anonymous

• lol yes I'm sick of it! I've been watching my diet and I walk a lot. one thing I've noticed thats been burning calories is simply chasing my son around the house! he's walking like crazy. I get on all fours and chase him around the house asking "whatcha doin? where ya goin?" it's a fun game for us and my tummy muscles work it and my legs have been getting thinner lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:04 PM on May. 2, 2009

• If you aren't active right now, the best way to start I think is to walk....low impact and burns calories! Then when you start to get comfortable, you can add more to it! good luck mama!
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 12:08 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Before I found out I was pregnant, I was trying to lose 15lbs. Lance Armstrong has a wonderful website called www.livestrong.com. It's part healthy living, part MySpace, You can track your calories, track your physical activity, set goals, make friends and seek support. Once you see what you're eating, that's one sure-fire way to change your lifestyle. I was shocked when I saw my food journal! They have charts and graphs so that you can visually see how much protein, carbs, and fats you're eating.

I also would exercise by watching FitTv (Available on DirecTv, I'm not sure about cable) with the shows I like to watch (Gilad, All Star Workouts, Shimmy, and Namaste Yoga). There are also FREE podcasts on iTunes with Yoga, Pilates, and other types of workouts to get you started without going to the gym. I bought inexpensive hand weights, a yoga mat, and a stability ball at Target, and that's basically all you need! :) Good Luck!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 12:14 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Go for an hours walk each day, try jogging on the spot during tv breaks, and wriggle about in your chair when the tv program is on, dont buy crisps biscuits etc
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 12:42 PM on May. 2, 2009

• about 80% of weight loss is diet.
    I'm in the same boat as you, I have about 30 lbs to loose and a extra 10 would be icing on the cake, so to speak.
    Start by eating clean, stay away from processed foods, lots of lean protein, fresh fruits and veggies. You don't even have to count calories, your body will tell you when to eat ( and I suggest 4-6 small meals a day). Drink lots of water and stay away from soda's.
    Like a lot of the other ladies stated, walking would be good, too. It will make you feel better and once you're ready, you can start on workout routines.
    My DH is a fitness coach at a gym and for those that want to loose weight, they have them simply eating clean and one of the ladies is dropping 10lbs a month doing that. No calorie counting, just eating clean.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:55 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I need to do something too.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 1:19 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I have 15lbs to lose and I swear 10 of it is just around my waist. I am sitting on the floor right now and I have a big fat roll. I HATE IT. I have never been fat EVER. I hate looking in the mirror or just the way I can feel that fat roll. I'm disgusting. I'm about to go for a walk here shortly. It has just been either scalding hot or rainy every day. It supposed to rain in a couple hours so I should go soon.
    Anonymous