Picking my career. Ultrasound Tech????

I am 19. Just graduated from high school and I still don't know what i really want to go into. I have really been thinking about going to school to be an ultrasound tech but i dont know how much they make and if the earnings would support my family if something were to happen with my husbands job. Does anybody have any advise?

Haven_Doug1013

Asked by Haven_Doug1013 at 11:59 AM on May. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hell yeah they make money!! They make BIG money. Go for radiology tech though. Its almost the same amount of schooling, your just more trained and you'll make bank. My girlfriend does that. She started at 18 an hour but within 13 months she was making 30. Now she is the head of the radiology department and makes like 70 a year. And that didn't require and more school just hard work!!!! Good luck!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:08 PM on May. 2, 2009

• The only thing I can say about that is that the Medical Field is ALWAYS in demand and WILL ALWAYS BE in demand. So picking a career like an U/S Tech is a great job. As far as money, I'm not really sure. I know my mom just finished her degree to do U/S on heart patients (not sure what it's called exactly) and my dad is retired, and they are doing fine financially.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:05 PM on May. 2, 2009

• It all depends where you live. They don't make amazing money. I would suggest getting your RN they make good money. Thats what I am going for and you have MANY options with that. Techs are like LPNs in nursing. They can only do certain things while the RN can do everything. And its the Radiologist that make the GOOD money :)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:15 PM on May. 2, 2009