My toddler (2) is pooping 4+ times a day and I am getting sick of it. Is something wrong or is this normal?

I'm wondering if someone this young can have food intolerances? I am lactose & yeast intolerant, while my husband is gluten intolerant, but these came on later in life for both of us (as far as we know).

Mrs.Soule

Asked by Mrs.Soule at 12:12 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Absolutely! My parents thought I had colic for 8 months of my life when really I was crying and pooping so much because they were giving me cows milk (im lactose intolerant). Our son is intolerant to red dyes, it causes autistic like behavior problems, insomnia, lack of speech, and a rash among other things.

Try Lactaid. It's real milk but with a digestive enzyme. I would steer clear of soy unless he can't handle lactaid. Even then I would try rice and hemp milk first. Soy can cause all kinds of problems especially in boys.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 8:12 PM on May. 2, 2009

• That sounds like my first and he turned out to be lactose intolerant. Maybe try switching his milk and see if that helps
    crasolson

Answer by crasolson at 4:13 PM on May. 2, 2009

• does soy formula cause problems in boys or only soy milk?? my son is 2..he had soy formula from around 4months old-12 months..he now has lots of pooping problems, gets diarrhea on and off all the time, etc.
    Mom2JoshAmelia

Answer by Mom2JoshAmelia at 11:27 AM on May. 3, 2009