Is any one else annoyed by this?

music players on profile pages that start playing music as soon as the page loads. I have so many reasons why this irritates me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on May. 2, 2009 in About CafeMom

• YES!! They usually scare the daylights out of me. Or it's some obnoxious music and I can't get the volume turned down fast enough.

I'll admit, I added one to my profile page, but it's playing soft classical music, so it's not going to just jump out at you.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 12:34 PM on May. 2, 2009

• simple fix to that ..... stop looking at pages then
    Anonymous

• Nope. doesnt bother me at all. If i'm surfing pages and dont want to hear any possible music then i turn my volume all the way down. simple.
    But maybe it doesnt bother me bc i have an automatic start playlist on my page. After all, it's MY page. and i love music. music plays all the time in my life so why not on my page?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:37 PM on May. 2, 2009

• You can always mute your volume if you wanted. That's what I do!
    Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 1:54 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I mute my volume like the above person said, but I'm also one of those people with a music player. It usually doesn't bother long as they don't have multiple ones. It's so tacky to have 5 different songs start playing at the same time when you load someone's page.
    Blueberryplz

Answer by Blueberryplz at 12:32 PM on May. 3, 2009

• I actually like listening to the playlists (In fact I just posted a question about that.) If you don't like listening to other people's music, turn your computer volume down. There's no need for volume on cafemom other than listening to the music.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:51 PM on May. 3, 2009

• It only bugs me if it immediately starts blasting something with foul language or something completely inappropriate. My computer is in the common area of my house, and my children are quite often playing nearby.
    Anonymous