Airforce One photoshoot totalled $328k, do you think this was necessary?

In the current economic condition, do you think that the photoshoot of Airforce One and fighter jet was necessary? Total cost of the shoot was $328, 835. Not to mention the added costs of all the chaos it caused in NYC.

Do you believe Obama saying that he wasn't informed? And do you believe this "“It was a mistake,” Obama said today before a meeting at FBI headquarters in Washington. “It will not happen again.”

Seems like spending, spending, spending and "it will not happen again" phrases are key terms in this administration.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aHJlkHaApn4o&refer=home

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 12:32 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wasnt that taxpayers money? Geez, thats a hell of a lot of money to spend to freak out the people of Manhattan.
    Anonymous

• No I don't think it was ness. Do I think Obama truely was not informed.....not so sure.I say that based on other times where he has claimed to not know this or that where clearly he had to of known.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:40 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Of course it won't happen again, maybe that photoshoot was to get more pictures to send to his family overseas for the sequel to 9/11. I don't buy that he didn't know about it. I think he approved it. I don't buy that he's sorry, it's a reason to cause panic and another reason to get his face on tv so he can appear sympathetic to people and another attempt to insincerely console others. I also don't buy their reason for the fly-by "taking pictures of the Statue of Liberty" yeah right because you don't know what it looks like or you don't have enough souvenirs, postcards or mini-statues of it? Whatever.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:40 PM on May. 2, 2009

• It won't happen again, but something else will. Obama is getting treated like a substitute teacher in a class of 6th graders. Just as soon as he makes sure they don't do one thing again, they are off doing some other damnfool thing. Nobody is really in charge.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:45 PM on May. 2, 2009

• NO it wasnt necessary. I mean, a Hollywood tabloid can photoshop 2 celebrities together and you cant tell, but our government has to actually FLY the plane around the statue of liberty in the middle of the day to get the shot...REALLY?
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 2:00 PM on May. 2, 2009

• It was a complete waste of money and was CRUEL.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:10 PM on May. 2, 2009

• No,

you can set up great photo shoots during standard flights and exercises that the planes would be taking anyway.
    Anonymous

• The airforce were scheduled to do training anyway, so the flights were going to take place regardless. Pilots need hours, that is how they do it. What DIDN'T need to happen was for someone to issue a flyover NYC then for the FAA to make it hush hush. Why the FAA did that? Remains to be said. Where was their pressure to keep it from the public coming from?
    myame

Answer by myame at 2:38 PM on May. 2, 2009

• There's something questionable about the fact that it was kept quiet. I mean, there was not ONE person in charge of this that couldn't think of the possibilities? The POSSIBLITY of people in the city panicking seeing this over sized plane being followed by a jet fighter? Either this administration is completely stupid or they are completely stupid. Which one?

I say someones head should be on a platter and let them explain to Americans where this money is going to come from? Someones fanny maybe? Heads should roll and not soon enough for me, b/c if I or my family had been there and seen that plane and took off running freaking out, I would go sit at the White House and DEMAND an explanation WITH recompense.

Believe me, if this had been a private industry that had done this unthinkable tom-foolery, Obama would be dressing them down to their underwear.  Let heads roll!

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:51 PM on May. 2, 2009

• lifeasinoit, I say someones head should be on a platter and let them explain to Americans where this money is going to come from?

If the Air Force was going to fly for training anyway, the money has already been alotted. What you should be mad at is WHO ordered the hush hush flyover, NOT the cost.
    myame

Answer by myame at 2:58 PM on May. 2, 2009