What bible verse?

Do you randomly go to the bible and read or do you follow a particular order or a site that recommends particular verses for the day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Depends on what I need help with at the time.
    littllea

Answer by littllea at 12:41 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I read through it in order, unless God draws my attention to something I have not gotten to yet.
    Those are very special, and important messages that I needed to learn now.GB
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:44 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I like feeling like I am going somewhere, LOL. So I pick a plan and follow it. Right now I have a One Year Bible and it goes through the Bible in one year. Each day there is a reading in the OT, NT, a Psalm and a Proverb. So something speaks to me everyday!!! If you don't have one you can read through it online or get the plan online (OneYearBibleOnLine). All of my friends do this Bible plan, so we are all reading the same thing, and it is so amazing because we can talk about it with each other and it is an encouragement.

I would recommend to pick a book and read through it all the way, a little bit each day. A good book to start with is the book of John, and then read the other gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke). May God bless you as you get into His word : )

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:10 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Lately I have been looking in the index in the back. When I find a word that interests me and I'd like to know what the word has to say about it I go to the verses it lists that word to be in... and I have been learning a TON. One of my favorits was when I looked up versus with the word "marry" or "marriage" or "husband" or "wife".... deffinatly learned a lot from that!! lol... =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 2:03 PM on May. 2, 2009