How long can someone live with smokers lung cancer?

My father has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and the cancer treatments didn't work because the cancer is too far along.When he went to the doctor he felt fine and so I'm wondering can he live with it?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 12:40 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Health

• Both my Grandpa's had this. Neither lasted longer then 6 months. I'm so sorry about your father :( It will hit him suddenly most likely.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:42 PM on May. 2, 2009

• If the treatments didn't work because it's too far along, I'm sorry to say he probaby won't live long with it. But it depends on the type of cancer. Smokers cancer isn't a type. Small cell lung cancer, which is highly corralative with smoking is the most aggressive and can kill within weeks to months. I'm sorry.
    Anonymous

• So sorry about your dad and his illness. I have found a product that you might find useful for him. Take a look at www.testimonyinfo.com  and click on   C   for cancer.  Message me if you would like more info about this. 

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 10:01 PM on May. 3, 2009