9 months old playing with cars

Hello...Is it normal that a 9 months old baby plays with the cars' wheels instead or pretending to play with a car like he suppos to play? he takes the car, turns to the wheels side and see the wheels , moves the wheels and then put in his mouth....is that normal? thanks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's exploring, I think it's fine.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:41 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Yup, absolutely normal. I don't think a 9 month old really understands how to play with a car, like making it go backwards and forwards. My son is 11 months and can play with cars, but at first would only like to roll the wheels.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 12:49 PM on May. 2, 2009

• relax and let me figure things out! hes a baby and he finds things out by putting things in his mouth! he might like how the wheels move and how it feels on his little hands! its fine! no big deal
    Anonymous

• Of course it is normal. Just make sure it is an age appropriate car. Something like matchbox car wheels could be a choking hazard.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 1:46 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Totally normal. I agree that he is exploring, this whole thing is new to him! My daughter has one of those BIG squishy buses and she does the same thing.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 2:03 PM on May. 2, 2009

• how is he "supposed to" play with a car? At 9 months? Wow, people worry too much.
    Anonymous

• Yes, at 9 months old they do not have the cababilities to play with anything like an older child. Your concern should be him putting them into his mouth. Matchbox tires fall off, the paint comes off. I would NOT let a 9 month old put matchbox cars in his mouth. If the cars are from a different country there could be a lead issue also.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:25 PM on May. 2, 2009