Have you asked yourself this lately? I have.

God looks into the hearts of men, and women. What does yours say about you? Before you jump the gun think about this. Do you judge non-believers?How about criminals?How about people by their weight or the color of their skin?Do you catch yourself judging other Christians?How about parents by the behavior of their children?I have learned I should really watch my way of thinking. This will help you understand where I am coming from. God himself brought this to my attention the other day. Romans 13:8 14;15 1-7 God has said do not judge that means in all matters. God bless.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 12:41 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • I like this verse you listed -- Romans 15:7 "Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us, to the glory of God"

We are to welcome people, just like God welcomed us. "Now, how did Christ receive you? Were you absolutely the ideal, perfect person? Did He say, "Go out and clean up your act and then I will accept you?" No, He received us with all of our imperfections. Isn't it amazing how horrible our sins look when someone else is committing them? How blind we are to our own faults. How astute we are in being able to pick out the flaws of others, but as Jesus said, "First take the four-by-six out of your own eye, and then you can see more clearly to take the splinter out of your brother's eye" -- Chuck Smith

When I first came to church I was so afraid of being judged as a sinner, but I was welcomed for who I was. God "cleaned me up" later, but I was loved by His people even when I was all messed up.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:21 PM on May. 2, 2009

• This is one thing I always try to make sure of...I think my heart is clearly my best quality. I try as hard as I can to keep it that way. I know I am not perfect but I fight having my judgemental moments.

I like the question BTW.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 1:21 PM on May. 2, 2009

• We're all human, and for someone to say they never judge is a lie. Of course, we all do. Whether it's consciously, or sub-consciously. Christians get judged by others who think we are "brainwashed", "closed-minded", "blind." Non-Christians get judged by others who think they are unhappy, missing something, or uneducated. It never stops. It's a vicious cycle,and it's never ending. But, as you said, mo, God knows all our hearts, Christian,and Non-Christian alike. We can't hide anything from Him, and it's useless to try. And, you're right, even IRL, we are all, whether we admit it or not, guilty of judging a book by it's cover. As I said, it's human nature. Not to say we can't be aware of it,and ask for forgiveness from God, and ask for discernment, kindness,and to see everyone as He sees them. He will help us with that if we ask Him sincerely.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:28 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I like this question! Thanks for posting it. I heard something recently that your post reminds me of. If the government were going door to door to arrest Christians and take them away, would they find enough evidence to convict you?
    Anonymous