How do you serve the Lord?

Is serving the Lord praying? Living a good life? Writing out a check to the church? Or do you go beyond and help with charities and organization? Do you volunteer for organizations?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No "Lord" for me..
    Sometimes I try to serve the Earth by taking care of it. I try to serve my spirit by reflecting and meditating. I try to serve my body by taking care of it...
    Anonymous

• being saved and walking with him
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:47 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I serve my fellow human kind by volunteering and taking care of Mother Earth.
    Anonymous

• I don't "serve" anyone unless it's at dinner and I'm fixing our kids plates. I don't see him paying our bills, caring for our children, cleaning our house, cutting our grass, fixing our cars, walking our dogs, so he really doesn't have a place here. If he , who ever he is, wants to be served, then he needs to get in line cuz I could use some serving too...
    Anonymous

• I like to look at it the way it is described in John 15. It says that Jesus is the Vine and we are the branches and we need to abide (live, be connected to) in Him. "Abide in Me" (v.4). So all my life needs to be connected to Jesus. When I am driving, cleaning, playing with the kids, etc. I am abiding in Him. So prayer, Bible study, worship is all connected to abiding.

John 15 goes on to talk about bearing fruit. Jesus says, "I am the vine, you [are] the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." (v.5). The good things we do come from abiding in Him. It is like fruit that just grows naturally on the vine.

I serve God at church by teaching the HS girls a Bible study. I support my husbands ministry. I also visit and pray with people who need help. We support the church and other organizations financially. But it is "fruit" not us "trying" to be good people for God.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:56 PM on May. 2, 2009

• lol :52.
    Anonymous

• ANON 57 how do you find ANON 52 funny that is wrong
    Anonymous

• I see the Lord paying our bills. I got a job when we had less than $100 left, when the doctor bills came in abundance my husband was offered overtime. The Lord works in your life even if you do not believe in him; He still loves you.
    Anonymous

• By believing in Him, walking with Him daily,and letting Him guide my life. Once I did that, everything else fell into place. My family got stronger, our finances worked out,and I myself became a much happier, adjusted person. He has also revealed His plan for my life,and is now working that through me everyday. He revealed my spiritual gifts, one of which He'd used my whole life, I just never realized it. He does so much for me everyday, and it's my priveldge to serve Him.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:40 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I believe that everything that I do is in order to serve Him. Everything that the OP mentioned, as well as everyday things like taking the best care of my family I know how, doing the best job at work that I know, etc. It's all about Him to me. Every bit of this life.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 1:44 PM on May. 2, 2009