Positive hpt test after the waiting period. WTH???

Why is this happening? I would love to have the BFP within the time period to wait for results? What causes this?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 12:43 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I understand what you're saying (the pregnancy test showed positive but only after waiting a really long time, longer than the test claims to be accurate.Usually the test claims after a certain amount of time the results are no good... like after 20 minutes the results aren't dependable etc). I have no idea why that's happening. I tried to save one of the tests once for DH, because he asked and I had to call back and tell him I'd have to take another one because that one would be no good by that time. As I recall my results faded completely but the line still read "used".. I forget though.. it's been a while.I know mine didn't say positive though. Sorry I know it's frustrating :(

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 4:23 PM on May. 2, 2009

• huh?
    Anonymous

• ooohhh nvm... take another test
    Anonymous

• What?
    Anonymous

• I'm confused. You said positive hpt test then you're saying, why is it happening to you? You have a positive but want a positive? What?
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean. It could be the evaporation line. I would go to the doctor and ask for a blood test. Maybe try a different kind of test in a few days. Good luck
    Anonymous

• I know what u are saying too. Maybe there is not enough hcg to show that fast. Is the line pink? How long did it take to show up? I had that once before and I was so upset when AF showed.
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 2:22 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I think I get what you're saying. It is an evaporation line. I'm sorry
    Anonymous

• who knows, could just have been ovualating , did you retest ?

julie f
    julc316

Answer by julc316 at 8:04 PM on May. 2, 2009