Sprinkling or dunking?

If you go to Church and believe in baptism does your church participate in sprinkling or full immersion? If you participate in full immersion what is your denomination and what do you wear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• At my church they do the full immersion and they have you wear either a bathing suit shorts or whatever you want to wear. When I got baptised I wore a one piece bathing suit
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:45 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My neice was "dunked", but they only did the lower half of the baby. She still wore a baptism gown, but I think was in a diaper (regular one, now a Lil Swimmer, LOL) for the dunking. I don't remember the denomination, I think Lutheran?

We are parishoners of a catholic church and our son had holy water poured over his forehead and scalp, kind of like a traditional baptism. He had on a baptism gown for the whole service.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 12:46 PM on May. 2, 2009

• they had me put on a baptism gown
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:51 PM on May. 2, 2009

• oh and im baptist
    Brandi300

• i was baptised in a Church of Christ & wore a baptism gown. they even had special underwear so you wouldnt have to wear yours all wet afterwards haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:04 PM on May. 2, 2009

• oh just re-read that haha...its disposble underwear...not one special pair for every person who gets baptized. that'd be gross haha
    okmanders

• I am LDS and we practice baptism by immersion. You can wear pretty much anything white. I wore a special white baptism dress when I was baptized. The church building also have jump suits you can borrow that are white to get baptized in if you want/need them.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 1:33 PM on May. 2, 2009

• those that practice imersion, if you wear a whtie dress when you get out is your dress see through? Aren't the dressese dry clean only?
    Anonymous

• Full immersion. I'm Baptist. We wear special baptismal gowns made for occasion.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 1:42 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Full immersion - I'm LDS - and the people where white as a symbol of the purity received in baptism.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:38 PM on May. 2, 2009