can't talk to husband

I am 38 weeks pregnant and though nothing is happening as far as labor or contractions or dilation. I have found that discussing whats happening with my husband awkward and uneasy. This will be his 2 child and my 1 so of course I worry about every little change. I was very sick during my 1 tri so when ever something would happen that I didn't think was normal I would call my drs office and my husband always gives me crap about it. Saying I am worrying over nothing. It was like pulling teeth to get him to sit in the Lbr & Dlv class that my ins required me to take; he said it was pointless and would only make me worry and was a waste of time. I have no problems talking to him about anything else; it just seems like anything regarding the pregnancy is me worrying to him. I am afraid to mention any changes in anything to him because I don't want to hear that I am worrying anyone else have an issue with their S.O ?

mothergibson

Asked by mothergibson at 12:47 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My SO just doesn't get it. He always just says "well what can i do" and shrugs it off. This is my second child, but my first was 4 years ago, so I have brain farts as to what is normal and what isn't. Also, this pregnancy has been extremely hard compared to the first. Rest assured, being that it's your first pregnancy, it is normal for you to worry. And if something happens and you need to call the dr, it's alway better to be safe then sorry. Unfortunately, your SO has NO IDEA what you are going thru and will never be able to understand. Take it with a grain of salt. I would tell him that how he is acting is upsetting to you and just explain that this is your first (which he knows but might need a reminder). Don't sweat it though. You're normal.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:15 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Maybe you sould talk to him about how you feel.
    Anonymous

• I know this is kinda off the subject but I wanted to let you know that you're not the only one. My husband fell and hurt his leg last week and now I can't get him to do anything. All he does is lay on the couch and whine after he gets home from work. His leg is not broke, we went to the ER. We have a 3 year old daughter who doesn't understand that mommy has two babies in her belly and climbs and jumps all over me. He expects me to do everything becuase his leg hurts and he works all day and I am seriously about to hit him in the head with a frying pan!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 10:27 PM on May. 2, 2009