What is the best way to get my 3 year old to sleep in her own bed?

We live in a 2 bedroom house and she shares a room with her brother so it is not like I can let her cry it out without it waking up her little brother. She has slept with us since birth( not meant to happen) and my husband and I am sooo over it.

04mom07

Asked by 04mom07 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• You can put her in there and let her cry a little, just put her to bed a while before your son goes down. We do that with my kids. My daughter likes to cry herself to sleep, im not sure why .. but its soothing to her. We put her down and then once she's out her brother goes down.
    mom2tocutekids

Answer by mom2tocutekids at 9:05 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I had this problem...my girl was hogging the bed & it was just time for her to sleep in her own bed..
    But you just have to take steps..I was never one for letting her cry it out! My hubby didn't want her in the bed anymore..so i slept on the couch and put a toddler bed beside it and when she would wake up and what me i would just put her back in the bed..she would whine but went back to sleep so now she sleeps in her bed in my room...
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2008