Pregnancy weight gain maintenance.

I am 32 weeks along and began my pregnancy overweight [but I'm not sure exactly how much I weighed because I didn't have a scale]. I know in that instance you're only supposed to gain 15-20lbs.

I've been eating the healthiest I EVER have but it's been hard for me to get active, especially now that I'm so close to the end and constantly feel exhausted. I'm worried that I'm gaining too much weight but don't have gestational diabeties and my blood pressure's fine, etc... my doc doesn't seem very worried. I'm gaining anywhere from a pound to 3 pounds a week but it seems unhealthy because I know I've already surpassed the 15-20lb mark. I feel great except for being so tired all the time. But a lot of people keep telling me that my bump looks small for how far along I am so I'm very torn on how to feel either way.

Any helpful pearls of wisdom? Am I over-reacting or do I need to step it up?

Eau_Rouge

Asked by Eau_Rouge at 1:37 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you are fine, i've gained less then you have, and have heard of women taht gain but don't show at all. i have a small "bump" and have only lately gained four pounds from what i was a month ago, and last month last two pounds. i wondered if that was normal, how i losta nd gained and sometimes lost two doctor visits in a row, i'm only 27 weeks and a day, but they tell me that it's ok and my doctor doesn't want me to gain more then two pounds anywayz. as for being over the mark, i think your mark is a little low, from what i learned you gain about 40 lbs. which is just something that i know is true,, from my the females in my family, not including me or my mother.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 2:25 PM on May. 2, 2009