what did u feel before you went into labor?

was the baby active or calm were u in pain and where? ect. I am 1 week away from my due date and i was just trying to find out what signs i should look for?!

ajmarinas

Asked by ajmarinas at 2:03 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• about a week before he came I had some very thick mucus discharge with a bit of blood in it. I also had braxton hicks all that week. The week after that wasn't too bad. I had some back pain mostly, it felt like cramps. Those increased in intensity 3 days before. I had lower abdominal pain, and then the Friday before I got very VERY sick. I threw up and slept for several hours that day. When I woke I had contractions every 10 mins all night, all day Saturday and by Saturday night they were 7 mins apart, but not hard. I labored all night and went into the hospital the next morning around 9am. My son was born healthy and strong at 3:10 that afternoon. FYI the contractions Saturday night were intense, but I didn't go in to the hospital until they were 5 mins apart. They weren't consistent until about 5:45 Sunday morning (7 mins apart) that's when I called and went to the Hospital. GOod luck!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 2:11 PM on May. 2, 2009

• you get your practice pains you feel your tummy go hard, and a week before you pass blood stained mucus, once you get regular on off pains you know babys on its way
    Anonymous

• I felt a gush of water then labor started about 10 mins later. I didnt feel anything different.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 2:28 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I felt the usual pregnant symptoms, but then one morning I woke up with little contractions on and off but far apart, later through the day they got stronger and stronger and closer together and then that evening I lost my plug and then I had my baby girl that next morning!
    v_serenil

Answer by v_serenil at 2:45 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I lost my mucus plug and then went into labor the next morning. I never had any painful contractions or anything like that and dilated real fast. I didn't have any pain at all really until the dr. broke my water.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 3:05 PM on May. 2, 2009

• About a week or two before, I noticed a decrease in activity. The day of (and I mean like a few hours before I started feeling contractions), it felt like I had period cramps. Then, when I went into labor, it felt like waves of bad period cramps.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 4:43 PM on May. 2, 2009