Please Someone Explain to me what these different religons are...

Personally, I am believe in God The Father The Son & The Holy Ghost! I am a christian, Bapisit/apolstoic somewhere in between, I have my beliefs that are between me n God, but what in tarnation, is a pagan, wicken(sp?) different things like that I don't want to talk about something I don't know.

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 2:22 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Go here.  You can read up on all of them, including all the different branches of Christianity, Judaism and Islam, but it will probably take a few days

http://www.religioustolerance.org/

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:27 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Yes, I second that site- religioustolerance.org is a great resource of unbiased info on a variety of faiths.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:37 PM on May. 2, 2009

• A pagan could be any number of beliefs that are generally held as pre-christian - they range from worship of nature to worship of Norse or Greek Gods.

Anonymous

• A pagan as you will read is rather an umbrella for any religion that does not worship the Abrahamic God.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:47 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Any one of the sites listed will help you understand better.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:48 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Beliefnet.com is also a good source for unbiased basic facts.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:48 PM on May. 2, 2009

• It's long, but the history and beliefs of Wicca are explained pretty throughly here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicca_(Religion)

Paganism here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:16 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Well at least you admit you don't know what they are and are willing to learn, that is a start
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:59 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Pagan refers to a few different things. First of all it refers to ancient religions that were animistic, pantheistic, or polytheistic. It can also refer to a modern religion that is one of those things, like Hinduism. Most of the time in America & Europe it now is used for what is also called Neopaganism, in which modern people are inspired by and/or recreate ancient Pagan religions in a way that is meaninful in today's world, often certain New Age & Eastern philosophies are mixed in. Wicca is a Neopagan religion based on the writings of first British and later American and other Westerners who revered the ancient ways & felt they had survived in various way into the present. Wicca itself is becoming an umbrella term for a variety of Neopagan beliefs that include belief in a goddess as well as a god (or many gods/goddesses), a reverence of nature & celebration of the wheel of the year. cont...
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:24 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Pagan has also at times been used the same way the terms "barbarian", "infadel" & "heathen" have been used, that is to refer to people who do not follow the mainstream religion, or more recently, one of the Abrahamic religions.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:26 PM on May. 2, 2009