Any ideas on how to naturally induce labor?

aknapp03

Asked by aknapp03 at 2:27 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• walking
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 2:30 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I did reflexology. I massaged ontop of my ankles which stimulates the uterus. i was in labor that evening.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:39 PM on May. 2, 2009

• ditto, walking

Answer by admckenzie at 2:53 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I tried everything with my first and nothing helped. I walked stairs, ate spicy foods, nothing at all helped. Luckily when she came my labor went great and was really fast. My 2nd child my dr. induced me because he was worried that I might not make it to the hospital because my first was so fast..So good luck.. just remember not to do anything that may hurt the baby or put the baby under too much stress..
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 3:02 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I tried everything and honestly the night after I had a spicy japanese food, my water broke.
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:11 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Castor oil worked for me. 2 oz.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 3:24 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I heard Nipple Stimulation Works...but I dunno
    Anonymous

• supposedly having sex will help it... something about the sperm?
    JasKat3

Answer by JasKat3 at 4:32 PM on May. 2, 2009

• sex - sperm will help soften the cervix, if you have an orgasm you may start contractions. evening primrose oil 1500 mg a day, walking a lot, squatting, bouncing on a birthing ball, swinging on a swing, talking to your baby and envisioning your baby coming out, spicy foods and a half a glass of red wine (if you're in your 39 + week) castor oil and chase it with juice, acupuncture and reflexology. These are all the things I will try.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 4:54 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Umm I am totally diagreeing with all the comments people left. Well thats just me, but I walked a mile everyday throughout my pregnancy. I ate spicy food everyday of my pregnancy. I don't see how those can cause labor at all. Spicy food makes ur baby not have much hair, and walking just gets u ready to have the baby and push with an ease. I am 38 weeks and still having sex and nothings happened to me. And with my last pregnancy I had sex till the end and nothing happened. So when I went in for my last appointment last pregnancy I was only dilating a one centimeter and the doc asked if I wanted to wait another two weeks and see what happens? LOL I told him no I don't want to be pregnant anymore and so he induced me two days later at 6 am. I plan to get induced in the hospital again. I was only in labor for 10 hours and 45 minutes. I had my baby at 4:45pm. How far are you anywayz???
    bisbeesmiley

Answer by bisbeesmiley at 5:10 PM on May. 2, 2009