• In the Spotlight:

The Blood of Christ? No bashing please

What does it mean to be saved in the Blood or Christ or Washed in the Blood of the Christ?

I am Catholic so we Eat His Body and Drink His Blood. I believe in salvation and the Blood of Christ but I am wondering how other religions view the Blood of Christ. If you do not believe in the Blood Christ you will not know the answer and can move to another question.

No Bashing please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• we are saved by the blood he shed on the cross
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:34 PM on May. 2, 2009

• We see it as a symbolic reference to the atonement.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:36 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I've heard you believe it's as if the drink actually becomes like his blood. Is that right? I understand the theory behind it. Catholics are symbolic, just like Mormons are. We take the sacrament, very similar to communion, though I have never attended a catholic meeting. I have taken a Methodist version. In The LDS faith, we view the bread as a symbol of the body he shed for us,as his atonement for the body, that we will all be resurrected, and the water, a symbol of his blood, that was shed for us, that we could be washed clean and be worthy to enter the kingdom of heaven and we covenant, or promise to: in turn, do what he asks and live as good as we can, knowing he will make up the difference after we have done all we could do. We take it every Sunday as a renewal of our baptismal covenant and as part of our repentance.
    1heart1mind

Answer by 1heart1mind at 4:57 PM on May. 2, 2009