Anything that I can do??

I had a c-section in December 2008 and just found out that I am pregnant again. I've healed amazingly and have the right incision for best chance of VBAC, but I wanted to know if there is anything else that I can do while pregnant to help my chances of being able to have a vaginal birth.

ours

Asked by ours at 2:56 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope there's really nothing you can do. It all depends on that little baby inside of you and what your doctor thinks is best. What was the reasoning for you having a c-section the first time? My friend has to have a c-section only because they baby was breech...it had nothing to do with her body being incapable of delivering vaginally. When she had her second she had him vaginally. However my mother-in-law had to have c's with all of her boys because her hips were not wide enough to delivery a baby safely. It all just depends on the situation and circumstances. I would just stay healthy as you would normally and just go with the flow. As long as that little baby comes out safe and sound is all that really matters.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:05 PM on May. 2, 2009

• There was A LOT of dark marconium (sp) which scared the doctor to thinking something wrong was happening even though his heart beat was fine so after a couple hours they convinced me to do a c-section. Turns out he was wrapped around the cord four times. :[
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:09 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I got pregnant with my youngest when my oldest was 4 1/2 months old, oldest by c-section. By the time my youngest got to really growing, my abdomen always hurt, and the incision area was tender. It is a major abdominal surgery, and takes time to heal, even when you think it's done healing.

Best bet is to ask your OB their opinion, and wait and see how your body does with the pregnancy. I so wanted to VBAC, but I wasn't fully healed when I got pregnant again.

Hope you can get your VBAC, and congrats!
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 3:26 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Join the group Natural Pregnancy and Birth group. There are LOTS of ladies having VBACS in there that can offer you lots of help.
    Anonymous