Why do I feel like an ass for letting my dh cook lunch today?

If I try to help he gets pissy because I am interfering, but if I don't I feel bad because I get food poisoning. lol
Ok that was a joke, but I do feel bad if he makes the lunch or any meal really.

Why is that and can anyone else relate?

Nathskitten

Asked by Nathskitten at 3:06 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband cooks all the time and I don't feel guilty, in fact he's a better cook than I am. He also helps clean and helps take care of the kids as much as he can.

They are his kids too and this is his house too. Not everything is MY responsbility. In fact, when I gave up control of everything and let him help out, my life became less stressful.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:58 AM on May. 3, 2009

• yes I can relate, I guess it make have something to do with feeling like he does more then you or that your the one, because your the wife.. who is suppose to do the cooking and cleaning and so on. me I feel bad cuz most of the time I am so tired from taking care of a baby and having a baby in the oven, while I clean and do things with my other two children.... that I just don't feel like cooking and he does most of the time.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:22 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Dont feel bad, feel like a queen for a day and enjoy every minute
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 7:57 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My DH is a SAHD, but he doesnt cook much because he CANT cook. But last week, he made dinner twice on the grill. It was good. And I was grateful that he did it cause I was beat!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:42 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Are you a SAHM? I felt guilty today for sleeping in & having my DH take care of our 11 month old by himself. I am a SAHM, so I feel like Ava is my responsibility & the time that he is home, he should be relaxing. I feel like I'm slacking if I sleep in (which this was only the 3rd time since having her that I've done that)... I feel like I'm not doing my part. Which isn' true but I still feel that way sometimes. Maybe you feel the same?
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:22 AM on May. 3, 2009