What are your pet peeves?

We've all got them. So, what is/are yours?

beccare2000

Asked by beccare2000 at 3:19 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The silverware drawer being disorganized, and cabinet doors being left to hang open. I seriously can't sleep if I know these things are out of sorts.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 3:20 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I've got two...
    1. annoying noises made with a person's mouth... slurping is the worst!

2. Even though I have always lived in the south, I can't stand it when people I don't know call me "sweetie"- especially if they're around my same age.
    beccare2000

Answer by beccare2000 at 3:21 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I have to keep every rug in the house straightened all day it drives my nuts.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 3:22 PM on May. 2, 2009

• This annoying noise my husband makes, like he's trying to constantly get something out of his teeth. Usually I let it go until I just snap lol.
    Also, him leaving his dirty boxers and tshirts on the floor when the dirty clothes basket is RIGHT THERE!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 3:22 PM on May. 2, 2009

• yeah I think men just peeve me in general lol and I just noticed that.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 3:26 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I hate when my daughter gets tons of junk (candy) from school she said, her friends give it to her and she doesn't ask permission to eat it she just does.

I hate when people don't use their signals when driving.

I hate when people drive slow in the fast lane.

I hate when I come to a red light/stop sign and I look over and the person next to me is picking their nose lol. GROSS!!! WHY ME!!!!

I hate when people put the toilet paper roll on the wasteful way.

I hate when the"not me monster" in our house takes a bath or shower and keeps pulling on and tearing the shower curtain.

OMG!! I'm already irrated so this was the perfect question for me to vent and trust me I could go on and on and on !!!!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:30 PM on May. 2, 2009

• uhm I have a few!
    1. people, especially adults, who chew food with their mouths open.
    2. doors not being closed all the way ( I have all sliding closet doors...hubs leaves them open about 4 inches all the time!!! or cabinet doors in kitchen...)
    3. when I am loading the dishwasher or just finished loading the dishwasher, hubs will come in and put dirty dishes in the sink
    4. I have coffee cups on display (hanging under my kitchen cabinet) and "usable" coffee cups in the cabinet, my in laws ALWAYS use the display coffee cups! But not the ones in the front they will dig around to the back row and use them, I don't know why, but it drives me crazy!

There are probably more but these are the main ones
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 3:36 PM on May. 2, 2009

• oooh! I thought of another one!

When you are driving and trying to get onto the highway, there is no one in the left lane and a car in the right lane and they don't move over so you can get on the highway! THAT drives me crazy!

OR...

maybe it's because I am from Jersey, but again, when you are driving and trying to make a right turn at a light, the person in front of you doesn't "move up" so you can turn on that green light too...but that is probably me being a "Jersey driver"
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 3:40 PM on May. 2, 2009

• When people are using their cell phones in areas clearly labeled as a no cell phone zone. They must not think that rule applies to them..

When I am watching TV, it cuts to commercial and I go through my favorite channels only to find they are also cut to commercials.

People who chew loud. I watch Bizarre Foods w/ Andrew Zimmern and sometimes the sound he makes eating is more disgusting than what he eats.

Kids who mouth off to their parents and the parents do nothing to stop it.

People at the Y who use the circuit training machines and either do not wipe them off afterwards or wipe the butt part first and then the handles.

I'm sure I have more.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:53 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I'm generally a pretty tolorable person but there are a few things that get under my skin.

1. Poor grammer. I don't know why but it drives me nuts. The word "ax" instead of "ask" is the worst
    2. People who don't know how to drive. It's not that hard to turn on a blinker or to look in your rear view mirror and see a line of cars behind you.
    3. When my husband gets all ticked off because of what someone did and then does it to someone else. For example, he gets mad when people talk on cell phones in a restaurant but then he'll turn around and do it.
    4. Rude people.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:59 PM on May. 2, 2009