how do you clean your blinds?!

This is the worst chore ever!

jcsscfam5

Asked by jcsscfam5 at 3:26 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I buy new ones. j/k I just use a wet sock and wipe them down.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:27 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I agree I get new ones once a year cheap ones. after I spring clean and just use a duster on them every time I dust. Lifes too short to take them down and soak them in the tub the way my mom used to clean them and they never really get clean anyways.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 3:29 PM on May. 2, 2009

• If you want to clean your blinds wash then in your bath tub. or the fast way to do if there are things in QCI catalog for your home to clean. just tipe QCI on your computer .
    diffy1068

Answer by diffy1068 at 3:35 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Wow.. taking them down doesn't take that long.I take them down like once a year.. maybe twice..depending.. and clean them in the bathtub. Spray some cleaner on there.. it takes like 3 minutes tops. no scrubbing is really necessary. Use kitchen or bathroom cleanser that is either designed for grease (kitchen) or soap scum (bathroom), and it comes off in seconds. You just lay them down in the tub.. spray them thoroughly, might have to turn them around or something etc to spray them enough.. then fill the tub with a few inches of water rinse and drain the water.. fill again.. rinse again.. done.. rehang with a towel underneath to drip dry. Problem solved. Much cheaper and easier than buying them new. Seriously.. how dirty are your blinds that you have to buy new rather than clean them?

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 4:39 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I must be patient I just clean them by hand I dont take em down.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:49 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I take a duster to them. If they are really bad, I take them down, put them in the tub and let them soak in bleach, then spray them down, let them dry and rehang.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:07 AM on May. 3, 2009

• I have the faux wood interior shutters, but even when I had regular mini blinds, I was able to easily clean them with the Swiffer brand dusters. They're perfect for getting into narrow spaces, and really do collect the dust not just spreading it all around. About every 4-6 weeks (depending on how much my windows are open and the season) I just go over them with my little dusters, and in a few minutes, I'm done! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:39 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Every so often (once a month perhaps) I dust them when they are closed.
    For a cleaner clean I take them down after the spring pollen and after the autumn pollen - spray them with a light cleanser and rinse them off in the tub. I tip them on one end so the water drips off and they can dry before I hang them up.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:49 PM on May. 4, 2009