At what age can I give me baby orange juice he's 10 months now.

misskatelyn

Asked by misskatelyn at 3:28 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can go ahead and give him some now and he will love it.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:29 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Yeah, but its not really that good for babies to have fruit juice. There is alot of sugar in it.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:19 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Did his pedi say he can have juice? My son's pedi told us we could give him juice @ 6 months or was it 9 months. I don't really remember. We don't give him juice that often because to me he doesn't really need it. It's just something other than formula/ milk and water that he can drink. You do know you're suppossed to mix juice w/ water, equally of course. So if you give him 2 oz. of juice you mix 2 oz. of water with it to dilute it. It makes your juice last longer & he'll think he's getting more. It's a win, win situation. :o) You're not suppossed to give juice in a bottle either. And remember ONLY 100% JUICE! I dilute all of my son's juice, when I let him have it. I don't dilute orange juice though because it doesn't really taste sweet. My son loves the kind w/ pulp. I hope this helped momma!
    Marine_Mommy4

Answer by Marine_Mommy4 at 4:46 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My daughters pedi said to hold off on the orange juice until they are a year because it can trigger alergies. She said she can have any other juice at 6 months just not orange juice.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 5:09 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I would hold off til he's a year or more.
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 6:00 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I would wait til after a year. My 18mos old still doesn't drink juice. There's no need for it.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 6:55 PM on May. 2, 2009

• never juice is the devil in liquid form once they get it theyl never want anything else, plus their is all this extra sugar thats no good, i would highly suggest against it, my son is 14 months old and he probably wont get juice until hes 3 or 4 we are holding off as long as possible if you want your child to get vitamin c an orange is better than juice, whole fruits in replace of juice are better overall...
    rozepyle

Answer by rozepyle at 9:48 AM on May. 3, 2009