Medicaid??

My 9 month old was just approved for full medicaid... but I have no idea how it works. Do I need some kind of medicaid card? Do I need a specific pediatrician? How soon can she go to the doctor? Does it cover hospital visits? etc... I hope someone can fill me in. Thanks!

mrsbvader

Asked by mrsbvader at 3:34 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Health

• Medicaid should be sending you a card in the mail also ask for a list of pediatricians in your area who excpet medicaid. Call the doctors on the list some will still be excepting new patients on medicaid and some won't when you find one that does make and appointment with them you will go in and fill out paper work and at this time observe the staff and see if their friendly and if the office is clean ans sanitary and over all do you feel comfortable taking your child there. If so great and if not you can still look around and change the pedi. You will need to notify medicaid so they can put the new doctor on the card. Remember don't settle just because your child is on medicaid.Good Luck.
    Anonymous