anyone else like me out there?

Just wondering if there or any other natives on cafemom? Im ojibwe/cree and looking for other native mamas. I already feel out of place here..lol People are sooooo judgemental on here its crazy. I just want to find friends and talk to people who i may actually share something in common with.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I do have a indian heirtage, but I don't live on a res or associate much with it. Im a quarter apache. I would love to get in touch with my indian roots, but I have no clue were to start.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:43 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I am not a native, however, my father-in-law is, or perhaps, it would be better to say that he has Cherokee ancestors. I am not too clear on that issue. I have questions about it but am not sure whom to talk to about it. I hope that you find some wonderful friends here.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:56 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I'm sorry you've had bad experiences with some people here. We're not all that way! You can do a mom search to see if you can find members with commonalities with you. :o)
    Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 4:05 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I have Cherokee and some other indian in me. I really look it too when I have my hair straightened. I am sorry for you if you have been experiencing problems with racism. Hurt people hurt people.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 4:43 PM on May. 2, 2009

• *hand up*

Half black, half Indian.

There's some other stuff mixed in there too but I just refer to myself as an exotic hybrid :D
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 7:29 PM on May. 2, 2009

• And I totally feel you on the 'out of place' thing here.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 7:30 PM on May. 2, 2009