Did you have a corpus luteum cyst cause pain?

I went to the ER for the second time yesterday because of my corpus luteum cyst. The first time I went, I thought I had appendicitis. When they did an ultrasound they measured my cyst at 1.3 CM.
Yesterday I had to go because the cyst was causing me so much pain I cried. And I rarely cry. I couldn't move my right leg without causing pain, I thought my cyst had maybe ruptured.
It had been less than three weeks since my last visit and this time the cyst measured at 1.7 cm.

I know both sizes are small. And I also know the a lot of women get them.
But I am in my second trimester (16 weeks) and it is causing me severe pain. Usually these cysts go away by this time in pregnancy, and most women don't even know they have them, let alone get pain from a cyst so small.

Did anyone else have a difficult corpus luteum cyst during pregnancy? What were your symptoms and how did the cyst end up being "resolved"?

momma_shuler

Asked by momma_shuler at 3:40 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had one TERRIBLY in the beginning of my pregnancy. The day before I found out I was pregnant, I had sex and I almost lost it. He hit ONE spot and that was it..I cried and cried. Next day I decided to go to the clinic because I was bleeding after sex too, turned out pregnant. They never said anything about the pain, no ultrasound, nothing. I let it go..For the next week I was in so much pain I couldn't function. I used to get these severe cramps in one side. I went back to the clinic and they just told me "we have to send you to an ER by ambulance". Go to the ER, they do an U/S and they thought I had a baby in the tube and a confirmed baby in my uterus, but they could not tell. 2 days later, my doctor does a U/S after scaring the hell out of me with this heterotopic pregnancy stuff and it turns out to just be a little corpus luteum cyst=] They told me it would go away on it own & to take tylenol..3 weeks later it was gone.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 6:39 PM on May. 2, 2009

• hon i get overian cyst all the time my side hurts so damn F#### bad i cry sometimes you need to go see your doctor
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 3:50 PM on May. 2, 2009

• i have polycystic ovaries, and yes they do hurt.. alot.. it may be getting ready to rupture.. i had that happen when i was preggo
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 4:06 PM on May. 2, 2009

• If you haven't already, I know you were in the ER, but talk to your doctor about it. Maybe they can atleast give you something better than tylenol for the pain and figure out why it isn't gone and it's still causing you so much pain.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 6:40 PM on May. 2, 2009