Medicaid??

My 9 month old was just approved for full medicaid... but I have no idea how it works. Do I need some kind of medicaid card? Do I need a specific pediatrician? How soon can she go to the doctor? Does it cover hospital visits? etc... I hope someone can fill me in. Thanks!

mrsbvader

Asked by mrsbvader at 3:52 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They should send you a card in the mail. Then you call your pediatrician to make sure they accept it, if not then you will have to find one who will. Most hospitals take it, so her hospital visits will be covered. As soon as you get the card I would say it's effective.
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 3:58 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Why do you keep asking this question and then just delet it?
    Anonymous

• They should give you a card...it probably comes in the mail. She can go to any doctor that accepts Medicaid and she can go whenever she needs to. If you take her before her coverage starts, they will bill you but you won't have to pay it because Medicaid is retroactive and once her coverage starts they will pay it back. I believe it covers hospital visits but it's not like if something serious ever happens then they'll pay for everything.
    Anonymous

• Anon 30 - I posted it in three different sections cuz I wasn't sure which section I should ask it in but I never deleted in from anywhere.... Thanks for your answers
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 4:42 PM on May. 2, 2009