Jumperoo or Walker?

My son is about six months old right now and I am trying to decide what kind of thing to buy him for walking around or jumping in to exercise his legs. Any suggestions would be great about what worked for you.

proudmommykiwi

Asked by proudmommykiwi at 4:00 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter has a Jumperoo, and I love it. Well, to be honest I'm not sure if it's a Jumperoo, it's the Baby Einstein jumper thingie. I prefer it to a walker because I know where she is at all times in it. She's four months old and she loves it. It has a bunch of different height settings so it can grow with her. I think walkers are kinda dangerous, if you're not watching your child every single miniscule second, a huge accident could occur. They could bump into corners and such.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:02 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Jumperoo. We bought the walker and it was a waste of money. We don't have a jumperoo, but she uses one at the child care center at the gym and absolutely loves it. If we had the money now we'd buy her one of those.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:08 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My boys loved both of them. I had a jumper that hung from the doorways. I liked it when I was cooking dinner or such so I knew that they weren't going to go anywhere at the moment. But when we were home during the day and I was cleaning the house, putting away laundry and such I would have them in the walker. The never hurt themselves by bumping into corners. the tray pretty much goes all around the sides so the walker hits the wall, not them. We also do not have any stairs that had to worry about. They loved being free and getting around by themselves.
    Anonymous

• I have an exersaucer, a jumper and a walker. She likes them all. I took the Walker to my mom's apartment( where there are no stairs for her to roll down)so she can play with it while she's there. I have the other two in my living room at home. I try to give her time in both everyday and give her some tummy time on the floor too. It's more variety for her and less strain on my poor arms:)
    Sophia_L

Answer by Sophia_L at 4:28 PM on May. 2, 2009

• i would never get a walker,my dd's pedi told me about ho some babies have gotten fingers cut off from tipping in a walker(not from stairs) its sooo not worth it to me!
    but my dd LOVES her jumperoo(not the door way kind,i would have one of those either)
    Anonymous

• i have an excersaucer and a jumperoo DDs pedi said NO WALKERS!!! so i didnt get one but she absolutely loves the jumperoo..well loved now she thinks shes too cool cause she crawls everywhere lol. i got one on walmart.com for 54 bucks! but i heard big lots has them cheaper!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 4:44 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Im getting a jumperoo next week and Im so excited!! I would probably get a stationary jumperoo (the one I have was like $60 from walmart.com) instead of a walker, just because its easier to keep an eye on your kid.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 4:45 PM on May. 2, 2009

• What did babies do to learn to walk before these expensive products?
    Anonymous

• I do in home daycare,and have worked in daycares,and had two kids of my own,and I would choose a jumper roo,or exersaucer,he will love them both.Good luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 5:47 PM on May. 2, 2009

• my nephew loved the walker.
    heathertilton08

Answer by heathertilton08 at 9:51 PM on May. 2, 2009