Christians do you live in fear or awe?

I hear a lot about the fear of the Lord, but really I am more taken in by His Glory and Grace. Is it fear or awesomeness that leads you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Its complete and perfect awe - and complete and perfect love - that leads me in my relationship with Him.
    =D
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:31 PM on May. 2, 2009

• It is love. Not fear. What do you mean by awe? It is also by doing what he asks and in doing receiving assurance that I'm doing what I should and he loves me.
    1heart1mind

Answer by 1heart1mind at 4:35 PM on May. 2, 2009

• total awe and love...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:43 PM on May. 2, 2009

• 1heart1mind, awe, to me, is like how God is so wonderful and overwhelming and just awe inspiring. Its that feeling of just ...wow... if that makes any sense, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:50 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I'm in total awe of my Lord and Savior. Nothing to fear, at all. Just reverential awe,and love for the one who first loved me.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:02 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Awe.

Fear is somewhat necessary. It doesn't necessarily mean to be "terrified" but it demonstrates respect.

Jesus invites us to call him "friend." God invites us to call him "Abba" (Arabic for "Daddy"). However, we do see through the characters of the Bible (as mirrors of self-identity) that there is a balance of friendship/kinship and a need for respect for God.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:58 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I agree with Novemberlove on this one.
    God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 7:08 PM on May. 2, 2009

• For me.....love.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 7:13 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Grab a dictionary. They mean the same thing. Seriously look up fear and you will find it to also mean extreme reverance or awe. So I guess most christians would say both.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:28 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Fear-transitive and intransitive verb to be frightened of somebody or something or about taking action

move on 2au geez you are not a Christian
    Anonymous