Have you ever experienced an electric shock sensation in your arm?

Fontana6

Asked by Fontana6 at 4:46 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Health

• My mom and dad did when they had mild heart attacks and didn't know it. My dad said it would start in his left arm and go to the right. If that's what it feels like you need to get checked out. It turned out my dad had to have a quadruple bipass open heart surgery because if it was left untreated he would have been dead in 2 weeks. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 4:49 PM on May. 2, 2009

• No, could be a pinched nerve.
    Anonymous

• Carpal tunnel syndrome
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:17 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I agree with carpal tunnel. could also be some other tendonitis or overuse syndrome. Pay close attention to what position your arm is in when the pain comes. Is your wrist bent or straight. It sounds like a nerve problem. But keep in mind pain in your arm is one of the signs of a heart attack. Unlikely this is the case here but just mentioned it as a disclaimer!
    vannasmommy250

Answer by vannasmommy250 at 11:25 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I think it could be any of the things suggested. How far up does it go, elbow or to the shoulder? Does it happen often, only w/ certain movements/motions, or was it just once? Does it shoot down to your hands/fingers or up from them to your elbow/shoulder? Do you feel any sensation in your neck? I'm no doc, but I have permanent damage in my arms, hands, fingers, and neck and know a little about a a few specific things, not a whole lot, though.
    wymom94

Answer by wymom94 at 4:18 AM on May. 3, 2009