would you be hurt?

mothers day is coming up, and i know my husband isnt going to get me anything... he doesnt EVER get me anything, mothers day, valentines day, CHRISTMAS. and it really hurts my feelings. ive talked to him about it, but he doesnt see the big deal. he doesnt make anything, breakfast, lunch, dinner, NOTHING. and it hurts when i see my friends getting gifts, esp. for no occassion. he always wants to play his dumb games, and it hurts how he doesnt do that stuff for me. he said hes not romantic, and me asking him to be sweet once in a while he thinks im trying to change him, when he used to be like that. but not anymore....

i feel so un-appriciated. and resent him alot for it. it just hurts...alot. and these mothers day commercials and flyers for discounts are EVERYWHERE and i know im not getting anything. i just had to vent. =/

is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• You're not alone my husband does the same thing, or on the rare ocasion when he does by me something its obviously for him he just passes it off as a present for me and don't get me started on trying to get him to do anything.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:48 PM on May. 2, 2009

• dump his ass. he obviously doesnt care about your feelings ever. id understand if it was because of religion. or just stop making dinner n lunch and stop christmas n birthday presents lol.
    JMO
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 5:17 PM on May. 2, 2009

• i'm sorry you feel under appreciated, but dont let the non-gift giving get to you. thats what I hate about hallmark holidays. endless commercials and sales make it seem like the mother HAS to get a superfluous gift. does he show love in other ways? at all? I mean just making you breakfast or offering to cook dinner is such a nice gesture and in no means is that telling him he needs to "change". my SO isnt romantic, never really buys me gifts on marked holidays, but he does cook dinner, and sometimes even breakfast in bed. thats good enough for me!
    Anonymous

• I hope in return you don't buy him anything for any Holiday either?! If you do.. stop and see how he reacts to it. How about you take some Money and buy yourself something.. heck. make it elaborate! Maybe that will teach him.
    Anonymous

• I would be terribly hurt. My husband always attempts to get me gifts but on most occasions we don't have the money for it. If it is a situation like that, he will generally step up and do the house work or let me sleep in, something along those lines.(He would try to cook but the man can burn boiling water LOL). I almost feel like you are at an ultimatum point with him. Either he learns to show he honors and respects you or he learns to play his games in solitude with you to never be around again.
    Andrewsmomma622

Answer by Andrewsmomma622 at 5:36 PM on May. 2, 2009

• If he never bought you anything from the begining why would you think you would get something now..
    Now if he did think to get you stuff. in the past .I would be hurt..
    What you are not important enough for alittle thought...a card...
    Don't play those 8th grade games like some women will suggest..
    Oh if he doesn't get anything for you, don't get anything for him...bla bla bla
    that is baby crap
    Open up your mouth, and open it up good let him know your feelings.
    but don't change who you are because you do not like something about him.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 5:45 PM on May. 2, 2009

• he used to get me gifts all the time. he says were tight on money, but he has enough for ATLEAST a card. and no, he wont even do breakfast in bed. dinner. let me sleep in. nothing.
    and in a way, i dot feel like im at a breaking point. i dont want that to happen, but i want to feel needed and loved, and i dont think its fair to me at all. just cause he doesnt see the big deal, its "supposed" to not matter to me? i dont get him. and it makes me so angry at him.
    Anonymous

• yea i know. i love getting gifts for him. for an early fathers day, i made him those little stationaries that you hang your suits on, with your shoes and a bench to put your stuff in, and he was so annoyed that i stopped him at his game to show him that. later on, he told me it was such a gay gift!
    Anonymous

• I would def divorce. Seems like he doesnt give a shit about you....If my husband did that I wouldnt forgive him...He should at least have the kids make you a card or picture or something...
    mamamissy23

Answer by mamamissy23 at 6:17 PM on May. 2, 2009

• You are not his mom. My x never celebrated holidays of any kind either. Now I'm older I don't celebrate them. I have adult children that won't do anything for me for Mother's Day. Many of us just have to accept the fact that we're moms and that the present we get in life.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:38 PM on May. 2, 2009