does anyone know the cause of death of baby pups?

my DH has a female pitbull and she barely has i think 2 wk. old pups!it seems like one by one they r dying i think the food intake decreases and they cry and cry and towards the end they start bleeding from their mouth and then they just stop crying and eventually die!it suck really bad we dont know y this is happening and worried there is only 4 our of 8 dogs left and one has started to like not want to eat!i would appreaciate for the help if anyone can answer and give me some ideas of the reason why this is happening thank!

AnaKV

Asked by AnaKV at 5:10 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Pets

• take them to the doggy er right now or at least call. i was going to say they may be cold cause thats the number 1 cause of puppy demise but bleeding from the mouth is so not normal. try buying puppy formula to supplement them but like i said you seriously need to call because it may be treatable if you dont have the money ask about a payment plan and explain your situation. most times a vet will do a group visit for the cost of 1 since its more than likely they all have the same thing
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 6:59 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Take them to the vet right away. If they have a disease maybe it could be treated, or worms. Poor little pups. I am sorry that this is happening and hope the remaining pups can be saved.

Answer by Bmat at 5:12 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My dog did this. It was Distemper. But that was years and years ago. I would call the Vet. Poor little babies.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, people not spaying and neutering their pets. It kills millions a year.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 7:10 AM on May. 3, 2009

• could the momma dog have not enough milk ?? where is the blood comming from I would bring them in the mother could have what they had she could die too the vet will know
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 3:20 PM on May. 3, 2009