Why do alot of people don't want obama to pass a law for immigrants to get there green card?

I did a poll here and a lot of moms are against it and I was wondering why? My husband is illegal and its tearing our family apart he has no criminal record and thats are daily stress. It's hard for him to get a job and support us because of that; we can't get him legalized. I cry sometimes because if they do send him back to Argentina I don't know what our family would do without him. I just want to know why there is so many people who are oka with tearing family apart. I also think that there should be some guidelines to this and obama should make sure they are good people before he gives them there green card.

lizcyn

Asked by lizcyn at 5:21 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because America's a bitch and steps on anyone they think is below them, the fact of the matter is we are all human, brown black white yellow, We all just want to live in harmony and happiness.... To me there is no such thing as illegals, or aliens, your husband is human , just as I, Just as anyone else, I'm sorry for your heartache.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 10:43 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Sorry, but if your husband is truly interested in getting a green card, he should go home, and enter our country legally. I feel for you, because I know that will mean that your by youself, but it's not America's fault that he crossed the borders without papers. And another thing, as to the job thing, well, plenty of American's cant find work, and if one without a job can get one instead of an illegal, than I'm all for it. No offense, but it's time we take care of American's first.
    gludwig2000

Answer by gludwig2000 at 5:26 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Sorry, but if your husband is truly interested in getting a green card, he should go home, and enter our country legally. I feel for you, because I know that will mean that your by youself, but it's not America's fault that he crossed the borders without papers. And another thing, as to the job thing, well, plenty of American's cant find work, and if one without a job can get one instead of an illegal, than I'm all for it. No offense, but it's time we take care of American's first.clapping

JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:35 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Here's the thing. No one wants to tear a family a part. However, alot of people would probably say a family wouldn't need to be torn apart if the person who was doing wrong never did wrong in the first place. Do you understand what I mean? Just because they came here, made a life and them being deported would affect other people does not automatically make their illegal activity "OK" or absolve them of what they did. They're STILL ILLEGAL. They're still not respecting the laws of this country. They're still not documented like the rest of us have to be. It's still against the law and it's still not fair.

I think that handing out green cards to people who are currently legal, making them legal, encouraged more illegal immigration. Instead of having people come in and become citizens the RIGHT WAY, we would be awarding them for what they did. I think coming illegally and demanding citizenship on YOUR terms is rude.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:38 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I really have to agree with the first poster. It's sad that your family would be torn apart, but if people would enter this country legally, then there wouldn't be these problems.
    Anonymous

• Sadly that's the position he put your family in coming here illegally; OR you choose knowingly; unless he didn't tell you how he came here.

It is unfortunate that families are caught in the middle; however no one is "tearing" your family apart. If he is sent back to his country of origin you are likely more than welcome as his spouse to go with him; and wait until he is able to legally re-enter the country.

There are MANY people who do enter this country legally; but as a consequence all of the illegal entries; it has become outrageously expensive for them; and filled with insane amounts of red tape.

Simplify it: Say in-order to get food; you had to run a marathon & give away your clothes at the end...but another person walks up while everyone is watching you and takes all the food he wants; and scurries off before anyone sees...that would be wrong; correct? Now follow the analogy along...that's why ppl have a prob
    Anonymous

• (cont.) Don't think I don't speak from personal experience. I was engaged to a man whose visa expired and he went home because he wanted to do the right thing. In the end, it ended up not working out but I very much understand someone wanting to be in America, having a family here and worrying about citizenship.

I see it from the other side too. My grandmother immigrated here from Italy. She had to do it the RIGHT way and so should everyone else. It isn't fair that other people have their green cards handed to them but others had to go through the process.

I'm sorry this affects your family but like I said, when you do something wrong, it affects other people. I don't think that's something people who want the law followed should be blamed for.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:41 PM on May. 2, 2009

• i am sorry about the situation you are in.. but main word here.. illegals.. meaning they are ILLEGAL...

if they really want to be in this country and not worry about getting deported back to where ever they are from, they need to do it the correct way.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:42 PM on May. 2, 2009

• if a person is here LEGALLY and seeking citizenship it should be granted(pending a security and background check, we dont to be over ran with terrorist). HOWEVER ILLEGALS SHOULD AND NEED TO BE SENT BACK> they never should have been here illegally to start with. sorry if that upsets you, but it is just my opinion. like the PP said. America needs to take care of Americans first.
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 5:44 PM on May. 2, 2009

• OP, you are welcome to take your family to his country of origin. I am wondering, if he is your husband and you are a citizen, why isn't he seeking citizenship via the marriage?

I don't have any sympathy for people that knowingly break our laws. Countries have immigration laws for a reason. I am afraid that as the economy worsens illegals are only going to become more unwelcome.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:45 PM on May. 2, 2009