religions that do not believe in the after life

whats the point? Why pledge allegiance to any God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Collinsky and Freela thanks for you answer. I was wondering just because of another post I read. I did not say it was right or wrong. I am Christian and live and love this life. I cherish every single day but I also live each day as if it was my last.

Everyone else who felt the need to go stupid...grow up!

Beeky you crash every post you can and give some bashing remark to a Christian but never have the balls to admit it. I find it to be coward like behavior.
    Anonymous

• What religion doesn't believe in an after life? I am curious.
    Anonymous

• I have never been able to understand the "living to die" mentality.  I love life and as far as I'm concerned this is all there is and I'm going to make the very best of it while I can.

So can we have our planet back?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:02 PM on May. 2, 2009

• HAAA Beeky I laughed so loudly I scared my dog.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:03 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I do kind of believe in an afterlife, in that something happens after we die which we can never actually know. BUT if the only point of religion is what happens after you die, then that's not much of a religion, IMO. The point of religion, whether or not you believe in an afterlife, can be to have a relationship with the Divine - what happens after you die is kind of secondary to walking IN THIS LIFE in experiential communion with the sacred. If it is the will of God that we come into existence for a moment and then cease to exist entirely, then I think saying that is meaningless just reveals our egocentric nature and the fact that we DON'T trust God.
    I do not believe in a Heaven... the idea that we live for 70-90 years out of eternity and then our immortal soul goes to Heaven or Hell, and that our lives should be lived with the goal of Heaven and the fear of Hell, is what seems pointless to me. We were given THIS LIFE. :-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:04 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I'm a Buddhist... Buddhism doesn't teach an afterlife in the Christian sense. Buddhism maintains that there is no permanent self, so even in life we are not as 'permanent' as we think we are. Without a permanent and fixed 'self' there is nothing to really carry into the afterlife... I do believe in rebirth, but I will not be 'myself' in those rebirths. I will go back to the ground of being to be recycled, so to speak. As for why have God and not an afterlife... why do you need an afterlife to feel closeness to the divine? I very much feel that I am part of something much larger than myself... what will be lost in death is only my ego (my sense of 'me'), not my connection to the divine. I don't think one needs to believe in an eternal afterlife as the same self to feel God, and I don't think that someone needs to pledge allegiance to God to believe in an afterlife.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:08 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Beeky.... LMAO....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:47 PM on May. 2, 2009

• oh self centered beeky...Christians and others live this life to the best and fullest. You cannot have your planet back because it was never yours. It was, is and and always shall be Gods. DEAL WITH!
    Anonymous

• Who pissed in your cheerios?

I have a sense of humour and the other ladies understand the joke.

DEAL WITH IT!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:02 PM on May. 2, 2009

• LOL Beeky you are the LEAST tolerant most bashing person around. Christians are here to stay

so YOU DEAL WITH IT !!!!!
    Anonymous