BABY PLANNINH BUT FACING INSURANCE ISSUES AND COLLEGE ISSUES.

HI MOMS! WELL, I AM WITH MY MAN FOR 8 YEARS NOW, AND WE WANT TO HAVE A BABY, WE ARENT MARRIED AND I ALREADY HAVE 3 TEENAGED DAUGHTERS THE OLDEST 19 IS GOING TO COLLEGE IN THE FALL, THE OTHER TWO IN HIGH SCHOOL ALMOST DONE, WE HAVENT MARRIED DUE TO FINACIAL AID, HE IS A COP AND MAKES PRETTY GOOD MONEY AND i WELL, NOT SO MUCH, SO MY GIRLS QUALIFY FOR FINANCIAL AID IF IM NOT MARRIED! NOW WE WANT TO HAVE THIS BABY, BUT I AM NOT ON HIS INSURANCE, I AM CURRENTLY ON PUBLIC AID, HERE IN CHICAGO, WOULD THEY COVER MY LABOR AND DELIVERY? AND AFTER THE BABY IS BORN, IT CAN GO ON HIS INSURANCE AT WORK? PLEASE LET ME KNOW, MY BIOLOGICAL CLOCK IS TICKING...HE HAS NO KIDS, AWESOME MAN!!! I WAS A TEMP EMPLOYEE AND JUST GOT LAID OFF, I WAS HOPING TO GO PERMANENT TO THEN GET ON MY JOB INSURANCE BUT THINGS DIDN'T WORK OUT THAT WAY! CAN I STILL DO THE PUBLIC AID THING? WILL IT BE OK? OR WILL WE HAVE TO PAY BACK THE DELIVERY CHARGES ETC???

number_one_mami

Asked by number_one_mami at 5:58 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i'm assuming you could go on medicaid until the baby is born, at which point baby can go on his insurance. my GF was on medicaid with her first boy b/c she got insurance after she found out she was preg and they would'nt cover anything. her boys are on her fiance's insurance through his work and were covered under medicaid for the birth/hospital stay immediately following
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:01 PM on May. 2, 2009

• My son's father is a cop and has to insure him. So, yes the baby can. We're not married or together. I don't think he has to pay back Medicaid. I think if you were on welfare he'd have to pay that back. I didn't have medicaid while pregnant and had to file for back medical bills in the child support order.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:56 PM on May. 2, 2009