Does the rating with the BBB mean anything when you look up a business?

I am with Ameriplan and just found out that the have a "F" rating wth the Better Business Bureau.Does this mean that they are not a good company to work with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• it means enough people have complained about them for one reason or another and the investigation has found the accusations true. normally its not employees but customers who complain so that may make it harder on you working there w/people not liking the company.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:02 PM on May. 2, 2009

• If a company has a lot of complaints on the BBB I tend to avoid doing business with them. If they have just a few, but never resolved the complaints, I will also avoid doing business with them.

I don't think I have ever worked for a company with a bad BBB record, so I am not sure what I would really do if I found out my company had an "F" rating. But, if I was already working for them, I I might start looking for another job in my spare time...
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:58 PM on May. 2, 2009

• I would stay clear from any company that had an F rating from the BBB.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 8:56 PM on May. 2, 2009

• most of the ratings are based on the amount of complaints or compliments a company gets. So if they have an F... probably not such a good idea. But you can also find out why and how they got the score they did.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:43 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Check out the Chamber of Commerce for the city where the Ameriplan Headquarters are at. I am with a company that has the BBB seal of approval too, but there are always going to be complaints by unhappy people.
    http://www.evelyn1.fourpointmoms.com
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 12:45 AM on May. 3, 2009

• There was a situation with lack of Providers and Ameriplan quickly resolved it. The BBB subesquently suspended Ameriplan but the BBB is not allowed to suspend any company by their own docturine unless that company has an open legal action against them and Ameriplan did not. Ameriplan tried to work with the BBB to reinstate our membership when the BBB refused to comply Ameriplan's Legal Team began the process of a Lawsuit for wrongful suspension once the BBB received the paperwork that is when our membership was revoked. Once the lawsuit was filed we were awarded a big fat F... We have to understand that the BBB is ran by several corporations and people look to much into it. If you look at the number of complains as well as the resolved complaints you will see that regardless of the grade Ameriplan has taken steps to correct each and every complaint.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:42 AM on May. 3, 2009

• You should also check out what Rip Off Report has to say about Ameriplan. Nothing but good... What's the difference? ROR doesn't ask for money or membership from the big companies.

Also realise that we hold the highest ranking possible with the US Chamber of Commerce, and we are also a member of the Consumer Health Alliance, The National Association of Dental Plans and we are in good standing with Dun and Bradstreet.

These other consumer advocate companies would never do business with us if we were not 100% legit and forth comming.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:00 AM on May. 3, 2009

• On a hunch I just visited the BBB website. There were 205 complaints against us...

ONLY 1 IS LISTED AS UNRESOLVED!!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:07 AM on May. 3, 2009

• Well said Sabrina!! And if anyone wants more details about Ameriplan and the BBB let me know, I can send them to you. Its way to much to fit here:-)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 1:21 PM on May. 3, 2009