Drifting for DH...

So a few days ago my DH and I had a discussion about kids. He told me that he doesnt want kids until he is 25. I kinda was taken back by that, just because I always imagined that I would have kids a year after being married. Well this conversation took place over the weekend. Now, I find myself feeling distant. I have passed up sex with him the past 3 nights, I get turned on but I dont feel like I want to satisfy him. I have found myself being rude to him, and saying things that I dont mean. I asked him about if we could giver our children hebrew names, because I am Jewish and he started making fun of that, deep down that really hurt, and it made me think a little bit.

I dont know what to do to fix this problem. I feel like depriving him of sex is not the answer, but I can not get in the mood.

What do I do... HELP!!! I just wish we were on the same page.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on May. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Depriving him of sex is eventually going to hurt things even more. ou guys need to talk, calmly and honestly, about your personal goals, family goals and visions of the future. You guys need to get closer, not further apart. If just talking is resulting in arguments, I'd say getting a family or couples counselor would be a good idea.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:22 PM on May. 2, 2009

• 25 is young! What is the big deal? Have a great time together until he turns 25.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 6:28 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Did you not discuss this BEFORE marriage?

Answer by admckenzie at 6:40 PM on May. 2, 2009

• Nope, we didnt discuss this topic before marriage...and now i regret it!
    Anonymous

• I have two kids myu first was at 18 second at 25, and I will say there is a huge difference in how I felt about having a child, I have always and still do wished that I had waited until I was older to have my first, take your time and have fun
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 7:51 PM on May. 2, 2009